Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default Word 2007 Combine Documents label unmarked changes

Hi ?B?VGFtbXk=?=,

I have a general question about the "Combine Documents" dialog box
when using the Compare / Combine option under the Review tab. I can't find a
help topic that gives a desciption of what "Label unmarked changes with"
means.

This is just a guess, mind you, but since it suggests a Reviewer name, I think
an "unmarked change" is one that didn't exist before the comparison occurs.
(One or both documents may contain revisions already.) Doing the comparison
("combining") will create new Revisions. Revisions need to be labelled with who
made the change. The dialog box lets you set two different "reviewers" as
originating the changes so that you can identify from which document the change
is coming.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org