Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bluebonnet Bluebonnet is offline

Default Unable to change page number format

I am revising a document that someone else prepared a year ago, updating it
for the current year. The doc is divided into three sections, with the page
numbering starting over at the beginning of each section. The numbers
themselves are correct.

However, the format for all three sections is i, ii, iii, iv, etc. I would
like to keep this format for the first section, but I'd like to use regular
numbers (1,2,3, etc.) in the body. I have tried turning on the header and
footer toolbar, then changing the number format, but the second I click "OK",
it reverts back to the i,ii,iii, etc. It's as if it's locked or something!
I've used this method countless times before and it worked just fine, though
not on a document I "inherited" from someone else.

Please, does anyone know if it is possible to somehow "unlock" this so that
I can reformat my page numbers. I so do not want to have to retype the whole
thing to get it the way I want it!!!!!!

Thanks very much for any help you can provide...