Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default line numbers

As usual, when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail

The existence of a "SectionDirection" command within PageSetup
prompted me to look more closely for the option.

In order to make a section read right-to-left, go to Page Setup
Layout second dropdown at the top.

No macro needed.

However, though line numbers are checked, they do not display. (In
fact, they blinked off when I Ok'd the Page Setup Layout change,
though the Line Numbers box was still checked.) So it appears _still_
to be impossible to get line numbers in the right margin with right-to-
left text.

On Nov 1, 7:55*pm, "Greg Maxey"
wrote:
Yes.

If you have an appropriate language enabled (e.g., Arabic (Iraq)) then you
can use a macro to set specific section direction. *For example the
following macro will display line numbers in the right margin in secton 1..

Sub ScratchMaco()
ActiveDocument.Sections(1).PageSetup.SectionDirect ion =
wdSectionDirectionRtl
End Sub

Note: *If you do not have an appropriate language enabled (I defer to Mr.