Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default headers

Hi Shank,

I'm trying to setup a template in WORD. I want a header on the first page
and a footer on all pages. How do I do this?

I setup the first page header, but where and how do I find the subsequent
page headers? The template has only one page. I don't see where I can add or
insert pages.

Go to the end of that first page and press Ctrl+Enter. This will insert a
manual page break. Create the second page headers and footers, then delete the
page break. Word will remember what you defined, even if you can't see it until
additional pages are generated while typing.

Lastly, if I create a document(s) from one template, then later edit that
template, will the changes propogate through all docs or do I need to update
in some way?

No. The only thing that can, possibly, propagate are style definitions. Nothing
else. AutoText entries, macros, toolbars and keyboard assignments would also
"shine through" (not propagate, as that implies the objects actually being IN
the documents). Changing anything else (such as margins) would require a macro
solution.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org