Anne Troy

Once you are viewing the merge field codes (using Alt+F9, then--with your
cursor inside that mergefield code, you can hit Ctrl+F9 to add another set
of brackets.

If Alt+F9 doesn't show you the field codes, please follow the instructions
at the link I gave you, which states: Hit Alt+F9 or go to ToolsąOptionsąView
tab and turn on viewing of Field Codes.

Once you are viewing these, Ctrl+F9 should do something in your document. It
seems to me that you're simply not viewing them. A merge field will show,
whether Alt+F9 is chosen or not. A Ctrl+F9 is "nothing" unless you're
viewing field codes.

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"JohnB" wrote in message
Hi Peter.

Sorry but this does not work for me. Im using Access 97 and Word 97 if

that
matters. I tried this in an existing merge document, then in a brand new
Word document that I merged with a data source.

Before inserting any merge fields from the source, I tried Alt F9 -

nothing
appeared. I then inserted one merge field. Using F9 alternately changes

the
merge field from FamilyName to {FamilyName} but I cant get { } to
appear on their own.

Any further ideas?

Thanks for the help, JohnB

Peter Jamieson wrote in message
You have to use ctrl-F9 to insert the special filed code braces - { } -

used
in Word. All the rest of the text can be typed or pasted in the usual

way.

e.g. in a Word document, press ctrl-F9.
You see { }.
Type INCLUDEPICTURE "C:\\Data\\Pics\\" inside the { }
You see { INCLUDEPICTURE "C:\\Data\\Pics\\" }
Putt he insertion point before the last " and press ctrl-F9.
You see { INCLUDEPICTURE "C:\\Data\\Pics\\{ }" }
Type Mergefield Signature \*upper inside the new { }
You see { INCLUDEPICTURE "C:\\Data\\Pics\\{ Mergefield Signature
\*upper }" }

Peter Jamieson

"JohnB" wrote in message
Hi.

Im trying to mail merge an Image, whose path is stored in an Access

2002
mdb
field and Ive seen a previous post mentioning MVP Cindy Meister's

website.
Ive also had a look at Word Help on Include Picture. But I cant get it

work.

The main problem seems to be that I am unable to get the actual merge

code
to appear so that I can edit it. Cindy suggests the following:

Reference the graphic file information by nesting the merge field in

an
IncludePicture field.
Example: { IncludePicture "C:\\Data\\Pics\\{ Mergefield Signature \*
upper }" }

How do I get her example code to appear in the document so that can

edit
it?
Ive tried cutting and pasting her code but that doesnt work. Ive tried
using
Insert\Ptcture\FromFile with Link To File checked but this only gets

an
image to appear - I cant see the code to edit it so that I can include

the
path.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help, JohnB