Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Custom Envelope Dimension Limitation

I think the problem both you and Graham are having understanding the
situation is overlooking that BCB is trying to do this through the Envelopes
and Labels dialog, which does not permit the direct formatting of margins
and text placement that you all are describing.

That is not correct. The only limitation on margins is that the sum of

the
top and the bottom must not exceed the length of the page and the sum of

the
left and the right must not exceed the width.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"BCB" wrote in message
Regrettably, Word will only allow a .25 inch adjustment of the margins,
which
is inadequate to move all type onto the label. I have no idea why the
margins
are limited. It seems completely illogical.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Use a size that Word will accept and adjust the margins so that you get
the
text in the location that you want it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"BCB" wrote in message
I am trying to print an individual label as an envelope (to place on
packages). The label is 4" x 6". When I generate the envelope address
function, I select Options, then in the drop-down box under Envelope
Size,
choose Custom. The default margins I get are 6.38" x 4.49". I

overwrite
this
with 6" x 4". I then receive an error message indicating that the
smallest
length Word will let me select is 6.4". I do not seem to be able to

get
around this and when printing the label as an envelope, the return
address
is
off the page. Is there any work around for this? I am using an HP
LaserJet
2550n. HP states that this printer can actually print something as
small
as
5" x 3".