Jihrke

atropus32 Wrote:
If you switch on the macro recorder and use the search/replace facility
and use the "More" "Format" to choose the relevant color and the same
approach to select the replacement value of hidden text then I think it
will provide what's required.

I tried it and it seems to work fine.

I have tried what you suggested, it seems like everything works when I
record the macro but when I try to execute it, nothing happens. Here
is the macro that it creates, I dont see where it tells it to replace
the text as hidden...

Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
Selection.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatting
With Selection.Find
.Text = ""
.Replacement.Text = ""
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = True
.MatchCase = False
.MatchWholeWord = False
.MatchWildcards = False
.MatchSoundsLike = False
.MatchAllWordForms = False
End With
Selection.Find.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll

Thanks again for your help.

--
Jihrke