Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Default Another great example of how Word 2007 "brings commands closer to the surface"

Mon, 9 Apr 2007 11:41:09 -0500 from Suzanne S. Barnhill
:
No, Word has always provided a variety of ways to accomplish any given task,
to accommodate user preference insofar as possible, while still leaning to
making the UI most accommodating for the majority of users. I'll also add
that many users *do* adopt at least some keyboard shortcuts when they are
introduced to them, but most casual Word users (and that includes a *lot* of
users, since "everybody" has Word) don't have the same needs as power users.

I remember support for this in the MS blog that Joann pointed me to a
few weeks ago. It said that even people who used Ctrl-V a lot also
clicked the Paste icon a lot. Since then I've paid attention, and
even though I'm a keyboard guy I find myself using that Paste icon.
:-)

http://OakRoadSystems.com/