Graham Mayor

That shouldn't happen - see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292127

Lorena B wrote:
Sorry, it still does not work. It does successfully eliminate the
country for inserting addresses into documents. But when I open the
envelopes & labels dialogue box the autotext code you suggested is
displayed in the address window. Once I select an address from the
address book. The address shows up with the country.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Try this one:

{PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME
}{PR_COMPANY_NAME
}{PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS}

Note the positions of the brackets.

This should show the address as it is displayed in Outlook.

Lorena B wrote:
I'm sorry to be a pain. Yes, I do believe that I read the articles
carelully. I did use the shift and bracket keys to insert the
brackets rather than control and F9 (did not even know that F9 would
produce brackets, until I read the article). I also tried including
the ENTER in my code, and just hitting the ENTER key at those
points. I can insert addresses beautifully into my documents.
However, the country still shows up when I use envelopes and labels.
Could it be an Outlook setting that is causing this? For your
reference, here is a cut and paste of the "code" that is currently
in my autotext AddressLayout entry: {PR_GIVEN_NAME}
{PR_SURNAME}ENTER {PR_STREET_ADDRESS}ENTER
{PR_LOCALITY}, {PR_STATE_OR_PROVINCE} {PR_POSTAL_CODE}ENTER
Again, Thank-you,
Lorena B

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did you read the articles carefully? When you create the
AddressLayout AutoText entry, it defines the format of the address
that is inserted when you use the Address Book in the Envelopes and
Labels dialog. You must use the braces (which are not field
delimiters, just ordinary braces) exactly as illustrated in the
article.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Lorena B" wrote in message
Sorry, I guess I didn't make myself clear. I didn't realize this
form of addressing was even available. To clarify, I am going
through the "Tools", "Letters and Mailings", "Envelopes and
Labels" options to address an envelope. Word or Outlooks keeps
inserting the country into the address format. I tried the
suggested fix and the next time I used "Letters and Mailings" to
address an envelope the dialogue window displayed all the
AddressLayout CODE I had entered rather than any address at all.
I went ahead and selected an address from my Outlook list and the
window then displayed my selected address STILL WITH THE COUNTRY
INSERTED. I am still hopeful of a fix. And thank-you for your
effort.
Lorena

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See "HOW TO: Modify the Layout of an Address Book Entry in Word
2000" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=212345. There are
similar articles for Word 95 and Word 97 but not, it seems, for
Word 2002 or 2003.

Unfortunately, also see "WD2002: Insert Address Button Does Not
Use AddressLayout AutoText Entry" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292127

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Lorena B" Lorena wrote in message
I have office pro 2002. When I use Word to address an envelope
by selecting an address from my Outlook list, one of the
programs automatically inserts the country into the address.
How do I turn this feature off? I did not add any countries to
my addresses when entering addresses in my list. But the
program is adding United States of America to everything.