Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default DOCPROPERTY field switches and non-breaking hyphens and spaces

I can't help you _at all_, but I have a different problem with non-breaking
hyphens. In linguistics, we often have to put a hyphen at the beginning of
an ending (such as -ing) when it's being talked about all by itself, and
it causes the word before it to move to the next line -- it doesn't recognize
that "non-breaking" doesn't mean 'don't break after a space'! (That's what
non-breaking space would be for, if I wanted to accomplish that.)

On Monday, November 4, 2013 7:24:27 AM UTC-5, chapteryx wrote:

But I've run into a problem with non-breaking characters.

[a very annoying problem]