Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] anish@prasannapurple.com is offline

Default How to extract email addresses from a word document

On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 7:27:18 PM UTC+5:30, Lisa Wilke-Thissen wrote:
Hi Rodney,

I have been looking at away to extract
email addresses from a word documents.

Are those addresses formatted as hyperlinks? Or is it just text?

[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}\@[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}
"Use wildcards" and "Highlight all items found."

I use word 2010 and the instructions
work perfectly, the email addresses are
highlighted.

From that point I am unable to select the
email addresses copying them and pasting
them into a separate document.

You must *not* choose "Reading Highlight". Instead press the button "Find
In" to choose "Main Document".

--
Cheers,
Lisa

On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 7:27:18 PM UTC+5:30, Lisa Wilke-Thissen wrote:
Hi Rodney,

I have been looking at away to extract
email addresses from a word documents.

Are those addresses formatted as hyperlinks? Or is it just text?

[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}\@[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}
"Use wildcards" and "Highlight all items found."

I use word 2010 and the instructions
work perfectly, the email addresses are
highlighted.

From that point I am unable to select the
email addresses copying them and pasting
them into a separate document.

You must *not* choose "Reading Highlight". Instead press the button "Find
In" to choose "Main Document".

--
Cheers,
Lisa

Wow! Awesome. I'm just surprised this is found in a Google Group