Dr. Rand

Thank you!!!!

"Jezebel" wrote:

Open the graphic in any graphic editing program Corel, Photoshop, or
whatever freebie Microsoft supplied with your version of Windows. Crop,
adjust the contrast, then set the size and resolution to whatever you want
to end up with in Word. Then save as GIF or JPG. There is no ideal format --
it depends on the graphic in question, but usually GIF is best. Then in Word
use Insert Picture From File. The point is to avoid ANY manipulation of
the graphic after it gets to Word, a) because Word is not very good at it,
and b) because it tends to blow out the file size.

If you're going to be doing much of this, keep an eye out for a garage sale
copy of Corel or Photoshop. You probably don't want to spend $1000 for the
latest version, but you can sometimes find an older version for $5, which is
just fine for this purpose.

I know nothing about Yahoo email.

"Dr. Rand" wrote in message
I took your advice and unchecked the box in Tools Options and now it works
fine and I can cut/copy & paste into MS Word .doc files. You are

obviously
well-skilled but I am a novice. I would like to try your suggestion to

"save
the graphic to file, then import the file" but don't know how or what

steps
to do this. If you could tell me that would be wonderful.

Also, although thanks to you I can cut/copy & paste into MS Word, it still
is not letting me cut/copy & paste directly into my SBC Yahoo e-mail. Can

you
advise?

THANK YOU so much!

Dr. Rand

"Jezebel" wrote:

The simple answer is you do it in exactly the same way. PowerPoint's Cut

and
Paste is the same as Word's. What goes wrong when you try it?

However, you'll get a better end result if you save the graphic to file,
then import the file.

"
om wrote in message
I can cut/copy & paste .jpg files/photos into Power Point and from one
folder
to another easily, but cannot do it into the middle of MS Word text or
into
the body of an e-mail. I have Windows XP, MS Word 2003, Yahoo e-mail.
Please tell me step-by-step.
Thank you.