Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mercedes.K Mercedes.K is offline

Default Automatically copy form-field text to text box in header of same d

Strike that last bit. I figured it out. Thanks very much to both.
Suzanne, your advice on the link you sent couldn't have been more perfect.

"Mercedes.K" wrote:

I am trying to create a multi-page instruction document for clients. For
each new client, one of our staff members will have to tailor the document to
that client by entering the client's details only. All other content will
remain the same.
There is a form field on the cover page showing staff where to enter client
name, client company name etc...
As part of the design of the document, there is an autoshape rectangle (1 in
wide by 10 inches high) running vertically down the right side of the page
and placed in the header (to be seen on each page). I would like the
client's details that are entered into the form field to automatically show
in the text box. I do not want staff to have to go into the header to
re-enter the info in the autoshape as the document will be protected.
So is there ary way to enter a formula or create a link or something to do
this automatically??
Many, many thanks!
mercedes