Graham Mayor

I looked this up, before commenting, as it seemed an odd choice of word. I
had assumed that the sender merely hadn't realised that Word wouldn't open
the file.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
No, "ingenuous" is sometimes used as a synonym for "naive."
"Disingenuous" means "not straightforward, craft." I assumed that the
poster meant that the sender's intention in sending the file was to
point up Word's deficiencies.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
This disingenuousness was in assuming the Microsoft product did
things that it does not. Disingenuous is sometimes used as a synonym
for naive.

ilitrt wrote:
That's hilarious. He doesn't use a Microsoft product, therefore,
he's disingenous.

"Rob Schneider" wrote:

Your friend was probably being disingenuous assuming your Word
would open Staroffice SDW files. OpenOffice (www.openoffice.org),
the "free" version of Star Office, can save files in Word DOC
format.
Ask your
friend to please resave/resend the file in a mutually-capable
format, e.g. Word DOC, RTF, text, html, etc.

Hope this is useful to you. Let us know.

rms

Gail wrote:
I do not have Staroffice but a friend sent me many files in SDW
form that I don't know how to open in Word. I can't find any
converter at Microsoft.