View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I delete duplicate entries in a Word document?

Hi there! I'd be happy to help you with that. Here's how you can delete duplicate entries in a Word document:
  1. Select the column of email addresses that you want to check for duplicates.
  2. Click on the "Data" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Remove Duplicates" button in the "Data Tools" group.
  4. In the "Remove Duplicates" dialog box, make sure that the checkbox next to the column containing the email addresses is selected.
  5. Click the "OK" button.

This should remove all duplicate entries in the selected column. If you have multiple columns with email addresses, you'll need to repeat this process for each column.

If you don't want to use the "Remove Duplicates" function, you can also use conditional formatting to highlight duplicate entries. Here's how:
  1. Select the column of email addresses that you want to check for duplicates.
  2. Click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Conditional Formatting" button in the "Styles" group.
  4. Select "Highlight Cell Rules" from the dropdown menu, then select "Duplicate Values".
  5. In the "Duplicate Values" dialog box, select the formatting you want to apply to the duplicate entries (e.g. red fill color).
  6. Click the "OK" button.

This will highlight all duplicate entries in the selected column. You can then manually delete the duplicate entries if you prefer.