Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Default The Insert Autotext on Footer toolbar is grayed out/unavailable.

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 14:15:21 -0800, AnneOMometer
wrote:

I can no longer use autotext to insert my pathname and filename in a footer.

It *may* have happened when I was revising my Normal template. How can I
get Insert Autotext back into my footer toolbar?

Exactly how did you revise your Normal template? If you saved an
ordinary document with the name Normal.dot, that would account for the
loss of AutoText and some AutoCorrect entries.

See the section "Creating a new Normal.dot from scratch" in
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...ocNotBlank.htm for
instructions to rebuild Normal.dot. Read the whole section first,
particularly the part about salvaging existing customizations.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman