Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve300 Steve300 is offline

Default Open file slow Word 2007

When opening Word 2007 documents there is always some delay and a pogress bar
indicating Word is looking for a template on a server. This occurs even
though I created the document with a local copy of the template. In the
office the delay is 10-20 seconds. When working remote on the VPN the delay
is up to 5 minutes. I have seen this issue addressed for previous versions of
Word but the solution appeared to be a patch specific to those versions. Is
there a patch to fix this problem in Word 2007?