Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Captions in cross references not displayed

You might try reattaching the template. I have little experience with
captions, so perhaps someone more knowledgeable can help more.

"Jan Kratochvil" wrote in message
It could be the problem I think.
Because all worked well till the moment I have sent the document for some
changes to my colleague and after receiving this doc back I have found
that
issue.

What should you recommend now how to solve my problem?
--
Regards
Jan Kratochvil

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unfortunately, caption labels are not saved with the document but instead
in
the template (or is it in the Registry). If you move the document to
another
machine, it will lose the caption labels.

"Jan Kratochvil" wrote in
message
Yes. I have created a my captions using Insert | Reference | Caption,
but
now I cannot see it inside the caption list as well.

Maybe I will need to replace all that captions with new captions with
the
same or similar name or?

--
Regards
Jan Kratochvil
WIN XP Pro SP2, Office 2007 SP 1

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did you create the caption label using the Insert | Reference |
Caption
dialog? Only captions created that way will be displayed in the
Cross-reference dialog.

"Jan Kratochvil" wrote in
message
The captions are placed in text directly, not in a text field.
Thank you.
--
Regards
Jan Kratochvil
WIN XP Pro SP2, Office 2007 SP 1

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If the caption is in a text box, Word will not see it for purposes
of
cross-referencing or listing it in a Table of Figures. Either make
the
caption inline or change the text box to a frame.

"Jan Kratochvil" wrote in
message
I edit the large document with captions.
My problem is that I do not see the certain caption name by the
cross