Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi MarkB,

There's really no other way to find out than to try. What mail merge and Word
can handle is often system-specific. And it also depends whether you have
things other than text in the main merge document. Right off-hand, I'd say a
"simple" Word document, merged with 1400 records, should be no problem for a
modern PC.

Have 1,400 names in database and need to merge to word document. I need to
save the document to send to a non-technical person who needs to print
certain number at a time when they have a chance to edit some pages and have
enough letterhead to complete the job.

Can Word support a 1,400 page document (i.e., can I perform the merge to a
document and send that to my friend for editing and printing?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)