Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe McGuire

Default automatically update and display date at beginging of text in word

It's very easy. Open your Word document and replace the date. Go to
Insert, Date and Time, select the date format you want and put a check in
the box for Update Automatically. Press OK and return to your document.
Save it and henceforth and forevermore whenever you (or anybody else) opens
this document it will have that day's date.

A cautionary note: Is this really what you want? Most people who ask about
this want to do the opposite: they want to prevent automatic updating
because of the great potential for later confusion.

"Tim" wrote in message
Every time I open a document to edit it, I want the current date to
automatically appear at the beginning of the sentence. Is there a way to
do
this?