I haven't looked at your GIF but would guess that Stefan has summed up the
problem. Don't use Insert | Page Numbers to insert your page numbers.
Instead, insert them as part of the header itself. For safe removal of
existing page numbers, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...lyIndented.htm

"Berlie" wrote in message
Thank yo for the help,

I put up an image to try to help explain the problem I am trying to solve.
When I do add the border to the header style this is the result I get:
http://berlie.com/headerborder.gif

As you can see the border doesn't extend underneath the page numbers
properly. What I am trying to do is have it like this but have the border
extend out across the entire bottom of the header including the page

numbers.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Format | Borders and Shading. Select the desired border style and

weight,
then click on the bottom of the square in the preview. For more, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/Borders.htm If you want to add the
border to the header style, then you'll need two different header

styles.