Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I set up Track Changes so that it doesn't flag deletions?

As you know, Word 2002 doesn't offer this option (it was restored in Word
2003), but see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Put_Track_...k_On_Track.htm
for a workaround.

"Shane in London" Shane in wrote in
message ...
I'm running Word 2002 SP-2. I the previous version of Word that I ran, you
were able to specify in Track Changes that you didn't want deletions to be
marked. I'm editing a document now, and all I want to do is show a line

down
the outside of the page for changes, but all it will let me do for

deletions
is show them scored through or with balloons. Surely Microsoft haven't

made
the Track Changes feature less user friendly for Word 2002?

Looks like I'll either have to do it the old fashioned way and draw the
lines on with the cursor, or I'll have to bodge it by turning off Track
Changes to make my deletions, turning it back on again and inserting a

space,
both of which will be exceedingly irritating and time consuming, and are

in
my opinion quite a large step backwards.

Anybody know if I can highlight deletions with a line down the side of the
page only?