Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Page Numbering

How many pages are there? If there are 10 pages, then Word is displaying the
correct result. If you want it to show only 8 pages, then edit the {PAGES}
field to { {PAGES } -2 }. Or if that is too difficult, delete the {PAGES}
field and enter 8 - but that won't dynamically update if you add/reduces
pages later.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

wrote in message
On Aug 3, 2:43 am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Unlink the header/footer in section 2 from that in section 1, then delete
the page numbers in section 1.

wrote in message

Hello All. I can't seem to get out of this, have followed
instructions in various posts - but stuck. I'm going off my b****y
head!

10 pages. I want no numbers on the first 2, then the rest numbered 1
to 8, in the format Page X of Y. I've split the doc into 2 sections
ok, and 1-8 are appearing on the last 8 pages but pages one and two
are numbered 1 and 2. How can I get rid of those two page numbers?

Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

Hello Suzanne

Thanks for that - I've done it and I'm almost there, but... I've now
got no numbers on the first two pages but the next 8, which I want to
show 1 of 8, 2 of 8 ... up to 8 of 8 are starting 2 of 10, 3 of 10 ...
up to 9 of 10 !!!