Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Sub/Superscripts in Autocorrect

What if, instead of using "Subscript" format, you use the characters
"subscript 2" (etc.) that you'll find at Unicode 2080 through 2089?
Among the fonts supplied with Office that include them are Calibri,
Cambria, Cambria Math, Lucida Sans, and Arial Unicode (but not Arial,
and not TNR).

The reason Word changes your font may be that it's too smart for its
own good: instead of simply lowering the number and making it smaller
("Subscript" style), it tries to substitute the actual subscript
character (which has thicker strokes than a reduced regular character
so it won't look washed out), and the default font for substitutions
is Arial. If your whole text is in Cambria rather than TNR, you
shouldn't have that problem.

On Mar 27, 9:04*am, ajfis2 wrote:
I type a lot of chemical formulae, so I tried to set up some
Autocorrects for things like H2O and H2SO4 to be changed to H2O and
H2SO4. *To do that, I clicked the "formatted text" radio button. *It
converts to subscripts perfectly, but it changes the font from whatever
it was that I was typing in to Arial (just for the Autocorrected text).

Looks like a catch-22, can't use Autocorrect to put in sub/superscripts
without using "formatted text" but can't match the font if "formatted
text" is used.

Any ideas???

--
ajfis2