Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Any font issue converting Word docx into PDF with Arial 10 font?

I have been unable to reproduce your problem using Arial 10 in a table.
Ensure you have the ISO 19005-1 compliance option checked?
Does it really make any difference to the legality of a document that
certain letters are closer together or farther apart, when a handwritten
document is perfectly acceptable?

Remisnism wrote:
I am converting a Word 2007 docx file into a PDF using a program.
However, when I manually start the program, the output is identical
to the "Save As" pdf output provided by Word.

The output on some docx files has kerning issues where the letter "v"
is very close to the next letter. I've also noticed differences when
using the "Save As" pdf option, the output PDF file does not exactly
match the docx file. The font I'm using is Arial 10. Also noticed
that the kerning issue seems to appear on text within a Word table.

Any ideas on how to correct this issue would be greatly appreciated
as the documents are legal documents.

Thanks.