Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
seo seo is offline

Default margins to inches rather than pt

Suzanne - Many thanks!!! That solution works perfectly. I've never heard of
"character units" before and none of the other Word gurus that I've consulted
have ever mentioned such a thing. I really appreciate the help! :-))

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If the unit of measurement is set to inches but you're seeing something
else, they may be "character units." See
http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm

"seo" wrote in message
"acired" wrote:
In Word 2007 my margins are in pt rather than inches. How do I change

it?

I have the same problem in Word 2003 sp2. I go to tools/options/general

and change the display to "inches" but that makes no difference in the
display. I have even gone to the trouble of uninstalling and reinstalling Word -
but no luck.

Any ideas? Something fouled up in a config file somewhere? Help!