Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default how to insert both page numbers and footers in the same document

I'm guessing this is Word 2007 and you are using the Building Block
galleries? Try the following: Add the footer and then double-click the
footer area to activate it. Place the insertion point where you want the
page number. On the Header & Footer Tools Design tab, click Page Number, and
then click Current Position.

An even better approach would be to insert not only the page number but the
entire footer content directly in the footer. See also
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sheila" wrote in message
Every time I try to insert both page numbers and a footer in the same
document, one of them disappears. It seems to make no difference which I
insert first