Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cmedina cmedina is offline

Default postage barcodes

I still can't get it to print a barcode. I enter the zip code in the {}.
Still no luck. Any other suggestions?

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Unfortunately, they /do/ show up on print preview here, and they print, so
a. although it may be worth printing one, just to see,
b. I would guess that there might still be something wrong with your
BARCODE field coding or its location. It isn't formatted as hidden text, for
example?

Peter Jamieson
"cmedina" wrote in message
Thanks for the information. I noticed it doesn't show up in print preview.
Will this still work even though it doesn't show in print preview?

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

If you're not doing bar coding for bulk mail discounts, see also

http://www.usps.com/businessmail101/...tsBarcoded.htm

Peter Jamieson

"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message
The interface for inserting BARCODE fields has gone because they do not
always generate the correct code as per USPS standards, when you're
using
street addresses to generate them.

However, you can still insert the BARCODE fields by han (ctrl-F9 to
insert
the {}, type the rest of the stuff inside, insert nested fields as
required.

If you have one set up correctly in an existing Word 2003 document, you
should be able to copy/paste it I think.

Oh, and you still need to have your regional settings set to USA.

Peter Jamieson
"cmedina" wrote in message
How can I print a postage barcodes on my envelopes like I did in word
2003?
Everything I find you either need to be on a server or buy 3rd party
software. I just want to print the postage barcode like I used to in
word
2003. I just checked PIM. Help, this has become a serious problem for
me
as
well as my customers wanting to upgrade to office 2007