Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
David Cahill

Default Text Form Field Options for %

Stefan,

Thank you for taking the time to help me with my question. I appreciate
your help.

I have installed Greg Maxey's Macro giving me the absolute referecnces for
the cells in my tables. b26 is the absolute position for my cell. I have also
figured out the expression for the calculation.

=b26+.25%
0.000% is the number field

This gets me the calculations that I am after.

Is there a way to put a switch into the formula so that the cell remains
"blank" unless data is entered into b26?

thanks

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

1. To make zeroes display, use #.000 (if you want zeroes before the
decimal point to display, use 0.000 instead) in the format code.

2. Are you referring to creating relative cell references as in a
spreadsheet? This is not possible in Word; all references are
absolute.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"David Cahill" wrote in message
Word 2000

Part I: What is the correct Number Format to use for % if I want

to have 3
places behind the decimal? I want to be able to enter 7.5, 7.50 or

7.500 in
a cell and have all 3 entries come back with 7.500%. I am using

#.###% but
it does not add the extra zeroes: 7.5 comes back as 7.5%
(I have identified this cell as B26 for Part II)

Part II: I want the cell next to it to autopopulate as B26 + .25

(7.750%
in the example above) When I put =B26+.25 in the expression field,

it does
not work. It comes back as 0.32, not 7.75%

Part III: How would I code it so that the cells with the

calculations would
remain blank until the user entered the base data into B26?

Thank you