Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Mail merge - Ask / If function

Hi ?B?SWFuIFJvd2U=?=,

I have a mail merge document where I have created an 'Ask' function. When the
document is run, the €˜Ask function displays a question. I have used the 'If'
function so when the answer is inputted it will merge the relevant wording. I
can do this where there are two options/answers, but I need it to work for
four options. Is there an If/Or function?

No. What you have to do is either set up four separate IF fields (where the second
option is to display an empty string - "") or nest multiple IF fields. The first is
certainly simpler. The second would look something like this:
{ IF x = y "true" "{ IF x = z "true" { If x = a "true" "false" }" }" }

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)