Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ec17 ec17 is offline

Default Edit text in a picture in Word (to be pasted into Excel)

When I try paste special, I don't get HTML as an option to select, rather:
Picture (PNG)
Picture (JPEG)
Picture (GIF)
Picture (Enhanced metafile)
MS Office drawing object

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Paste special html format will insert the table content as a table.

ec17 wrote:
I have a word document which contains tables of data. When I am
trying to copy the tables of data to Excel, I am right clicking the
mouse and it has options to copy a picture. So while the data appears
to be a MSWord table, it is actually a 'picture'.
I want to just grab the raw text, paste it in excel and start some
analysis. Any suggestions how I can edit the picture and get the raw
text into Excel?