Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Default How do I insert a picture and have it automatically sized to 4x6

Another alternative is to insert a one-cell table in Word, and click Table
AutoFit Fixed Column Width. Set the cell's size to 4 x 6 either by
dragging its edges or in the Table Table Properties dialog. You can turn
off the border lines by pressing Ctrl+Alt+U or in the Format Borders &
Shading dialog. Insert the picture in the cell, and it will be sized to fit
in the cell.

If your version of Word has an "Insert/paste pictures as" dropdown in the
Tools Options Edit dialog, set it to "In line with text"; otherwise,
you'll have to select the picture after you paste it and use the Text
Wrapping button on the Picture toolbar to make it inline.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Jezebel wrote:
Prepare the picture before importing it into Word. Set the size to 4
x 6 and the resolution to whatever you have Word defaulting to
(normally 96 dpi).

"abbigalesandyrae" wrote
in message ...
How do I make an image palce holder in Word which allows me to
insert a picture from a file into a document template and have the
picture automatically ajusted to 4 x 6 and placed in the loaction I
want?