Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
E McElroy[_2_] E McElroy[_2_] is offline

Default Can I run Word 2003 with Office 2007?

It occurred to me that one way to reduce the tedium to almost nothing is to
code a macro which will enumerate the document styles, obtain the Font object
from each, and set the font color to white. That would mean a very simple
document creation process consisting of selecting a template, changing the
background color on the Page Layout tab to blue, and running the macro to
change the fonts to white.

This may have an effect on the use of themes but given the very specific
color combination which you want, you may not care.

As a long-time C/C++/C# person (too long!) I don't do VBA but it might be an
interesting little project that shouldn't take a VBA person too long. Perhaps
one of the forum's heavyweights can code one up for you - Beth, Graham, Herb,
and others...any volunteers?

E McElroy

"DCH" wrote:

The deletion of the blue background/white text option in Word 2007 is sending
me back to Word 2003. Can I uninstall Word 2007 and re-install Word 2003
while retaining the rest of Office 2007? And if so, can you tell me how?

Many thanks for whatever suggestions anyone may have,

DCH