Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Post Net Bar Code, office 2007

You have not been following the thread - the postnet bar code can still be
created, but there is no point doing so because it is no longer accepted as
a valid bar code by the postal service.

gr8auntieokie wrote:
I have an AutoText mergefield in Word 2000 that still works in Word
2007. The mergefield code is: { BARCODE \u "type zip code here" \*
MERGEFORMAT }. I called it ZIPBARCODE. Whenever I want to use it, I
type ZIP and then press F3 to
drop the code into my document/envelope. SHIFT+F9 opens the code and I
replace "type zip code here" with the pertinent ZIPcode ("XXXX"),
then press SHIFT-F9 again to close the code. As I say, it still works
in Word 2007.

"Kevina70" wrote:
Thanks for the answer....
I am simply looking for a way to put a bar code on the envelope as
in Word 2007. I am not a bulk mailer. I can do it, but the required
procedure takes too long....
"Kevina70" wrote:

Microsoft took out the capability in Word 2007 (except by a round
about process) of printing a postal bar code on Envelopes. Is there
a free or inexpensive add-in I can use to do this?