Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
J and N J and N is offline

Default URGENT!!! Concurrent Problems: Word and Outlook 2003

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 15:41:02 -0700, J and N
wrote:

We are having issues with both Word 2003 and Outlook 2003, although we ran
repair on both from Control Panel. We use Windows XP SP2 and - we believe -
Office SP3.

WORD
For the past week or so, we cannot open Word documents directly - we get an
error message with a request to report the problem to Microsoft. Word only
opens in Safe Mode.

If Safe Mode works, then you have some damage in one of three areas: the
Normal.dot template, an add-in, or a registry entry. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm for troubleshooting
procedures.

OUTLOOK
This started today (March 11, 2008). We cannot run Advanced Find; we get
the message "Outlook cannot perform your search. Outlook cannot display this
view."

I can't help with that, except to say that -- because of the timing -- the two
problems aren't likely to be related. Try posting this one in the Outlook
newsgroup,
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...utlook.general

We have not changed any settings in Office recently. Does anyone have any
suggestions? One of us is currently in graduate school online, and these
problems interfere with schoolwork!

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

We cross-posted in case the issues are somehow connected.

How do we determine which of the three problems it is?