Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rita Rita is offline

Default seperating chapters

Thank you for all the responses. "it will not allow her" she didn't
explain very well what she meant was the document could not be edited
afterwards which means it was write protected. Any way I have done just as
you suggested and e-mailed her the two separated chapters.

"grammatim" wrote:

What does "It will not allow her" mean?

One approach is to rename the existing file with the filename of the
new chapter, and delete from this new file everything that doesn't
belong in the new chapter (i.e., about half the text).

On Jun 9, 7:04 am, Rita wrote:
Thank you for your response. As far as she tells me every chapter is in a
different document and the style and page numbering follows through out the
process. Now she wants to change the last chapter into two but it will not
allow her to do so. Any suggestions

"Stefan Blom" wrote:
How does your friend define "chapters" of a book? If he or she is using a
numbered style for each new chapter, simply applying that style to the
appropriate paragraph should do the trick.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Rita" wrote in message
My friend is writing a book and has written a chapter that requires to be
split into two chapters. Does anyone know how to do this? Your help
would
be much appreciated. Thank you-