Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jean-Guy Marcil Jean-Guy Marcil is offline

Default Numbering bullets down columns instead of across rows?

Jean-Guy Marcil was telling us:
Jean-Guy Marcil nous racontait que :

Carol was telling us:
Carol nous racontait que :

I have a 3 column table with multiple rows. I have numbered bullets
in each of the cells for the 2nd and 3rd columns. I would like the
numbers to be consecutive going down the column, not across the rows
as Word wants to do. Is there a way around this?

The easiest, for me at least, would be to create two numbered styles.
Apply style one in the first row and style two in the second row.

Of course, you will have corrected my typo.. I meant "in the first column"
and then "in the second column."

--
Salut!