Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SVC

Default certificates

Here would be my workaround:

The graphics portion of the certificate is probably a part of the Slide
Master. The text portion is probably found in various text boxes on the
slide level.

In PPT, View Slide Master, and select the graphics. Open a Word file and
set up the page as you would like it (landscape?), then paste the graphics in
the header (creates a background in Word) and adjust position as appropriate.

In PPT, View Normal, select all the the contents of the slide and copy.
In Word, paste the contents into the page (not header). Adjust the layout as
needed.

You can now add your merge fields in the text boxes and run your merge.

"Pam Coleman" wrote:

I have inserted a powerpoint certificate into word so I could use a mail
merge to automatically add the names and dates, but I cannot get inside the
certificate to add the mail merge fields, any ideas?