Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lenny Lenny is offline

Default Document switch to become Read-Only when it's not suppose to

I'm using Norton 360 but this just happened recently like about 2 weeks ago
and I haven't changed the settings of the antivirus program. When I press
Ctrl+S it will pop up the Save As window. That's when I see the original
document title say: Title (Read-Only)

Actually I remember that I wanted to understand what the Protect Document
button was all about. I clicked on it during one of my classes and then
that's when this whole Read-Only issue occurred. I've tried unsuccessfully by
clicking it to Track Changes, and then unchecking the box, but then it's
still the same with all the other documents. And also, there is no password
set up for that option either.

Is it not possible for Microsoft Word to have an option where they reset or
make the Protect Document button default to it's original setup again? Or is
there a way to undo whatever I might have caused by a simple click of an icon
or option? Otherwise, I'm kind of at a loss right now. It's not a big deal,
but it is when an error message pops up in a few cases when I periodically
save my document during class sessions and then what would have been a Save
As document would try to recover itself from this Read-Only error (sorry I
don't have the exact wording for this error message)