Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default normal keyboard keys are doing strange things

It is unclear what is happening, exactly. If you want to get rid of automatic
spell checking, clear the "Check spelling as you type" option in the Word
Options dialog box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Hilary" wrote:

everytime I type the letter z, p, or [, something strange happens. sometimes
the letter will actually type, but then some other feature (it is spell check
for the letter p) kicks in and I have to hit the escape button.

I don't know how or if I turned these features on, or how to turn them off
again.