Ah, thanks for that clarification. Since I don't use numbered headings at
all, I was just guessing.

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Actually, it's the other way around: the "full context" option has a
meaning only for cross-references to numbering schemes where lower
levels do *not* include the numbering of higher levels.

For example, if your numbering scheme is "I, A, 1, ...", "full
context" means to include higher levels in a reference. Without the
"full context" option, a reference to simply "B" would be ambiguous,
since there could be several items numbered "B" (subordinate to
different top-level Roman numerals).

In contrast, for numbering schemes such as "1, 1.1, 1.1.1, ..." it is
immediately clear to which item a cross-reference refers.

Another aspect is that references to paragraph numbers is usually not
so practical for readers of the document; it's a lot easier to find a
page number than a numbered paragraph.

--
Stefan Blom

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Are you using legal numbering (1, 1.1, 1.1.1, etc.)? If so, you

would
probably see a difference.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Stefan Robert" wrote in message
news:2005031109463816807%srobertDELETEME@b2b2cca.. .
Hi,

when I do cross reference, what is the difference between a

Heading
Number, Heading Number (no context) and Heading Number (full

context).

I tried them all and I do not see the difference...

Stéfan