Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
shaunda shaunda is offline

Default Can I recover old file after Copy & Replace ?

I was backing up my Word2007 files to a USB memory stick, and I accidently
copied the old versions of the files from the USB stick to the computer,
rather than the other way around, so the old version of the files replaced
the newer versions. Of course I recieved the warning that it would "replace"
the version already on the computer, and I authorized it, not realizing yet
what I had done. Can I get the prior versions of the Word files back? I
assume those files are still on the C: drive somewhere, and the version I
don't want was copied to it separately, using the same file name. I tried
Undelete-Plus but it did not find the old files.