Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Suppressing blank lines in a mailing label in Word 2007

{ IF { MERGEFIELD "Address 2" } "" "{ MERGEFIELD "Address 2" }[ENTER]
{ MERGEFIELD "City" }" "{ MERGEFIELD "City" }" }

Press the Enter Key (or Shift+Enter) in place of the [ENTER] above so that
the field construction is spread over two lines with the line break coming
after the "{ MERGEFIELD "Address 2" }

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Oldsfan" wrote in message
I have been trying unsuccessfully for days to eliminate the blank line on a
merged mailing label because the "Address 2" field is blank. Even though
the
Mail Merge Helper is marked to suppress blank lines, it doesn't do it. I
was
able to use the if...then...otherwise rule to eliminate the extra space
due
to the lack of a middle initial, but I have been unable to apply it to
this
blank field. I have also tried alt+F9 to put the code in myself, but have
been unsuccessful. This shouldn't have to be this hard just to print a
decent looking mailing label. If I use the rule - If Address 2 is blank,
then "what?", otherwise "what?"?