Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike B

Default styles and formating pane not showing selected styles

Word 2002
In some documents, including the one I'm working on now, the styles and
formatting pane won't show which style is being used for the selected text.
By that I mean, when I put my cursor on the text, the pane usually reveals
which style is applied to that text. But at the moment the formatting of
selected text simply says "char char char", even though I have selected the
text and used Ctrl-Q and Ctrl-space many times to remove any character and
paragraph formatting. I can apply styles no problem, but Word won't then show
which has been applied - Why is it doing this?
thanks

--
MB.