Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default how do I lock a table at the bottom of the 1st page

In the Table Properties, change Text Wrapping option to Around. Click the
Positioning button, Vertical Position - Bottom, Realative to: Page or margin
- depending on the actual position you require.
Uncheck the Move with Text box at the bottom of the dialog box.
The tablke will not move regardless of the changes that happen above it.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Donna" wrote:

I am trying to place a table at the bottom of the first page, without using
the footer, and I need it to lock in place, not move to the second sheet
while data is being entered.