Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
That70sHeidi That70sHeidi is offline

Default cross reference paragraphs for changes?

I think bookmarks might be a little less useful for her, it seems these copy
issues are made on the fly, but the OLE Link you have on that site is
helpful, thanks!!

"DeanH" wrote:

See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm .
I tend to use bookmarks, then when the original data changes these are
reflected through out the document with a Ctrl+a, F9.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"That70sHeidi" wrote:

A coworker asked me about this and I'm not sure what to tell her. We're using
2007.

She has a very long file with multiple sections (not in the Word sense of
Section Break, however). Often she'll copy entire paragraphs from one part to
another within the same document. However, if one piece of data changes, say,
a Figure number or a cost estimate, she wanted it to be able to find all
references and update those automatically.

She said Excel has something similar between pages, and apparently our CADD
guys can do this in their software. I asked about using Search and Replace
but she said sometimes the wording changes just a little and renders S&R
useless.

Any ideas of how this could work?