Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Opening a protected document

And those darker parts of the web are filled with all kinds of things that
can and will screw up the stability of your computer.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"ChrisM" wrote in message
If it is passworded against opening:
There are lots of programs around that will 'crack' the password in Word
documents (and most other 'secured' Microsoft files).
Do a Google, and you should find somthing that will help.

Be a little careful though, as although most of the programs are
legitamate, inevitably, searching for ways to crack passwords will
sometimes lead you to some of the darker parts of the Web...

Cheers,

Chris.

"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
If it is protected, then open a blank document and use Insert, File and
insert the protected document. This will unlock it.

If it is password protected against opening, then you're stuck. Only
hypnosis or torture is left.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"CEV" wrote in message
:I have a protected Word document that we have forgotten the password
for.
Is
: there any way possible to unprotect this document? Thank You very much.
:
: CEV
:
: