Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cayce cayce is offline

Default what invokes Word 2007 document recovery?

My coworker has complained that he gets files showing up in the Document
Recovery pane in Word 2007 with frequency. So much so that he has been
ignoring them. He said he feels he properly exits Word and isn't experiencing
"Word needs to close" type messages.

He did comment that he often will use the hibernate feature on his laptop a
lot when he is traveling, when documents of are open. Is there any chance
that hibernate might be a culprit? Does it make a difference if he is logged
into our network remotely when hibernating? He also has been experiencing
this with Excel 2007.

Sorry I cannot be more specific than this. Any ideas on this would be
appreciated.