Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

Default Some captions don't appear in cross-reference

Yes I did exactly what you said. OK I will change objects to be in line with
text. The reason I didn't set my objects to be in line with text is: In this
case it becomes very difficult to move them. Thanks for post. Finally I
understand the story.
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Kobe University, Kobe, Japan

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Whether captions are available to cross-reference or not depends on
how you added them to the document. In particular, if you select an
object in the drawing layer, that is, an object not "In line with
text" (Format | object, Layout tab), and then add a caption, Word
places the caption inside a text box; and the cross-reference dialog
box doesn't include items in text boxes.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
I had some captions in my file. Deleted some of them and also their
cross-references.
Lateradd new captions, some appear in cross-reference ans some

don't. Does
it have something to do with the captions I have removed?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Kobe University, Kobe, Japan

Some captions don't appear in cross-reference