Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Entering the same text many times over...

Hello Darren

DarrenO wrote:
I hope someone can help me. I'm pulling together quite a large document that
constantly refers to the title. This document will be used over and over
again on each project. Basically the document will stay the same with the
exception of the title.
Could someone please let me know if it is possible to make somekind of
'reference cell' and then make all the other 'text cells' throughtout the
document 'copy' the reference cell? (Sorry I haven't explained this very
well.)

[Example snipped]

Yes you did!

There are a lot of ways to do this. If your title has an unique style in
your document, you can cross reference to the style. Otherwise, you
could technically insert a bookmark and cross reference to that.

What I really would do in your seat: use the DOCPROPERTY (File |
Properties: Title). Once you have a value in there (and there are
various means to ensure this is filled in), it can be referenced by a
very simple field (insert curly brackets with CTRL-F9):

{ TITLE }

Then hit F9.

You can put this into your template and it should work. If need be (say,
the title field changes, a global UpdateFields will work (either CTRL-A,
then F9, or switch to PrintPreview with default print options).

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS